Re: [CH] white flies

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:44:01 -0400

Tree Tanglefoot is made by "Tanglefoot"
no address on the container.. but got it at local nursery
in my case Evergreen's on Woodruff Street - Southington CT.
Also the systemic granules, yup made for vegies
threw out the container (after rinsing it with water and pouring the
water on the dirt in the pots).  Should have known there would be
questions about who and what type..oh well.
The yellow plastic is covered with white flies, all nicely stuck to the
tanglefoot.  At this rate it will get most of them and I will not have
to spray the pepper plants or 'matoes.
Not much help I am afraid but a nursery should have it..
It is a simple method of stopping the gypsy (moth) caterpillars and has
been used in New England for some time, desert.. well that may be
another thing.
Chet

"Rex E. Overmyer" wrote:

> Hi Chet.
> I looked all over my town, ( that didn't take long <Grin>) but can't find
> tangel foot, or any thing like  it anywhere.  Is it anything that a person
> can make up for himself?  I seem to remember hearing about making something
> like that from scratch, but don't remember any more then that.
> Thanks
> Rex
> Fort Mohave, AZ
>  "In The Great American Desert!"
>
> Chet Bacon wrote:
>
> > ...CUT...
> > Having remembered some suggestions from the list (hey, a great feat for
> > someone who only has two brain cells left) I went in search of some
> > sticky/goo (get back there you knuckle draggers!).  Finally found some
> > at our local nursery, called tangle foot.   Seems you spread it on trees
> > to catch crawling worms and thingies.  I spread some on yellow plastic
> > strips about 3" wide and 6" long and hung them next to the peppes and
> > 'matoes.. damn it worked!
> > ...CUT...

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* cbacon@connix.com(work) | http://www.connix.com/~cbacon (work)  *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *