Re: [CH] Skyline Chili

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 06:51:31 -0500

peter gancarcik wrote:

> Doug Irvine wrote:
>
> "How about a can of Stagg's over a carton of Craps Dinner?? I didn't say
> to open them, just sit one on top of tother! "
>
> Does this mean that you wouldn't recommend a can of Staggs.  They have just
> started an advertising campaign in England for their "authentic Texas"
> chili, my daughter saw the ads. on tv and said I should try it. Would I be
> best avoiding the stuff or is it worth a try.

If you can space the dosh get one can of Stagg Chili, taste it and
file away the memory of it as a benchmarh of mediocre, chilli wannabe,
marketing hype.
If you liked Armour's Chilli you'll like Stagg. I don't understand how
it can be "authentic Texas: chili. I believe that Stagg is from Oregon
in the Pacific Northwet of America. I also fail to see that "authentic
Texas" is a positive marketing ploy. Chilli Cook-off world titles have
been won more often by Illinois cooks than by Texas cooks
(International Chilli Society).

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider