Re: [CH] Skyline Chili

Tony Flynn (tony@nzol.net.nz)
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 07:00:52 +1200

> > Doug Irvine wrote:

...I posted a recipe for lamb chilli with
> beans about a week or so ago, and I ended up chucking half of it, mainly
> because I  HATE lamb, and I should have used chuck beef rather....So, is
> that a definitive answer?   Cheers, Doug in Beautiful British Columbia

Hey Doug

What's with the "I HATE LAMB" That causes great pain to the Aussie and
Kiwis :-)
Matter of taste I guess.

Mind you I can think of nothing worse than chilli with lamb and beans.
Although Haricot mutton which used to feature in old English cookbooks
cannot be far behind.

Now traditional roast leg of lamb or hoggett, with all the trimming.
Roast spuds, Kumera, Pumpkin, fresh peas from the garden. Mint sauce, or
now Jalepeno jam:-)
That's a different story, as is the lamb which is the basis of many
great curries.

CYA

Tony Flynn in the fabulous Bay of Plenty. NZ