Re: [CH] will rocoto peppers grow in Missouri?

dale freeman (dale_freeman@optusnet.com.au)
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:20:25 +1000

I planted seed I collected from fruit last season and had 100% strike rate
within 7 days (using bottom heat).  Now I've got heaps of rocotos - where am
I going to put them all?

Oh well, I'm sure I'll arrange something.

I've also kept a couple of plants from last season on the go, so I'm looking
forward to a better crop from them this year.  Only got a dozen or so fruits
per plant last year and found that they were erratic setting fruit and very
late (still picking some fruit at the end on July - Southern hemisphere).

I also have a few yellow rocoto seedings going along well.

Oh well.  I've just put up the poly tunnely, so this weekend will be time to
start planting out some of the seedlings - isn't spring wonderful.

Cheers

Dale in the southernest bit of Oz