RE: [CH] skunks

Bloechl, Sharen Rund (sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com)
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 06:51:07 -0700

I get them on deck every now & then - I usually rap my ring on the window &
they scurry off - most of the nocturnals will run away with a little noise -
for the more persistent [racoons & possums] I have a wood closet rod (about
4 feet long) that I tap on the deck - the red fox responds like the skunks,
a little rap on the window - they like to check out the deck for any scraps
the cats may have left behind or to drink the water

Sharen Rund Bloechl

Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Sunnyvale Data Center
sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com <mailto:sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com>
Phone: 408-756-5432
[or]					Fax:   408-756-0912
srund@svl.ems.lmco.com <mailto:srund@svl.ems.lmco.com> 		LMnet:
8-326-5432
Pager: 408-539-5146	web:
http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi
<http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi>
[or] Operator Assist:  1-800-725-5079, pin 408-539-5146

----------
From:  GMurray74@aol.com[SMTP:GMurray74@aol.com]
Sent:  Monday, October 04, 1999 3:36 PM
To:  chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject:  [CH] skunks

My experience with skunks - Had a nest of them under my front porch (poured
concrete). I ran a hose from my lawn mower exhaust to the opening and let
mower run for about 30 minutes then filled the opening with dirt. No more
skunks and surprisingly no dead animal odor. About two weeks later there was

a faint skunk odor for a couple of days. Later (several years) another den
of
skunks dug under the poured concrete floor of my work shop from the gravel
floor of the adjoining machinery shed. For a while I had skunks everywhere.
finally run the garden hose into the den. Out came a soggy skunk and never
did return. They do not like a wet bed. Actually they are rather interesting

to watch as long as you do not excite them. I could go into the machinery
shed and see some then just rustle my foot around in the gravel and they
would take cover for a while. I have been lucky not to excite one to the
point of self defense.