RE: [CH] chilly chiles

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 13:26:59 -0400

At 11:48 AM 10/7/99 -0500, Parkhurst, Scott Contractor wrote:
>      This reminded me of a conversation I had over the phone
>with ChemLawn, a local lawn care service:
>
>Me:  Hello?
>Them: blah, blah soil analysis, blah,blah treatment schedule.
>Me:  No thanks, don't need it.
>Them:  Oh, do you have service with someone else?
>Me:  No.
>Them:  Oh, you do it yourself then.
>Me: No.
>Them:  (Lonnnnnnnng pause), Uh......
>Me:  I don't do anything with it.  I have zoysia grass, (low,
>  slow growing, drought resistant) and my lawn looks the
>  same as the others in the neighborhood.

I've got the same stuff, only problem is that it's chewing up the edges of
my asphalt driveway!  Another nice aspect of it is that it's dormant for
like 8 months out of the year, stash that mower for the long run...

It can be a pain though if it gets into the garden, it's virtually
impossible to remove, tenacious stuff.

I subscribe to the Darwinian style of lawn care:  If it can't survive on
its own, it doesn't.

Could never understand the folks who PAY for fertilizer, PAY to water the
lawn, which causes the grass to grow 3 times faster.  They then have to MOW
 three times as often (usually early on Sunday morning...), and of course
they BAG all their clippings (no small amount of work there) and as a
result end up THROWING AWAY all of their expensive fertilizer and water...

Go figure...

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @