[CH] [Fwd: simple mole sauce]

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 18:30:42 -0700

--------------1F2629396BC08AA0613C122F

OK, this is what I sent to Deb in Houston, aint sweet atall atall!Hot,
tho! I should have posted it to the list as well....I got distracted!
Cheers, Doug in BC
--------------1F2629396BC08AA0613C122F

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 10:46:24 -0700
From: Doug Irvine <dougandmarie@home.com>
To: Deb deForest <deforest@selec.net>
Subject: simple mole sauce

Ok Ok Ok you can rise off the knees now! Here is one you might like:
3	habs, seeded, chopped fine
1	corn tortilla, dried in oven, then crumbled
1/3	cup chunky peanut butter
1	one oz square of bitter chocolate
1	two inch stick of cinnamon
2	cloves
4	peppercorns
1/2	tsp anise seed
1	onion, chopped
Melt chocolate....spin everything else in blender, breaking up teh
cinnamon stick first. Add the melted chocolate and spin some more...pour
into heavy pan, add 1/2 cup water and cook, slowly until thickened...add
salt to taste...you may have to spin the cinnamon stick first, or do it
separately, in order to break it up. Notice that there is no sugar in
this, and it also calls for 2 tbls of lard, while it is cooking, add one
tbls of olive oil instead....lemme know how you like this one, I ahve
modified it somewhat from the original, but it aint bad! Doug up where
it still has not frosted up yet...

--------------1F2629396BC08AA0613C122F--