[CH] Re: OT (kind'a) how yellow?...

green56 (green56@PioneerPlanet.infi.net)
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 05:37:28 -0500

bill jernigan wrote:

> according to the local lady who devines the coming winter by counting
> wooly worms, we have at least two more weeks before anykind of
> frost...but i'm getting nervous, reading about the frenzied activity
> among our northern climes...

Well, snow's not far off for me.  Saw the first junco yesterday.  I'll
have snow w/in two weeks from yesterday.

You laugh!  I've been noting the juncos since '86.  In 13 winters
they've been wrong four.  And in those four years the snow's come just a
week later.

(Hint:  They winter here.  They're artic birds; when the snow starts up
north, they move south.)

green