Re: [CH] Hot off the wire/ B/S

Charles Demas (demas@sunspot.tiac.net)
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 14:38:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Doug Goldenberg wrote:

> That's the joke, silly.  You say, seriously, "Hey, you know, gullible is not
> in the dictionary."  Their eyes widen with astonishment, as they say
> "Really?!!."  Then they run over to the dictionary, and sure enough,
> gullible IS in the dictionary.  At which point, they look at you puzzled,
> you smile smugly, and they hit you over the head with the dictionary.  Works
> every time.

OK Doug, you got me. :-)

I guess I'll have to put you on my "do not respond to" list, until I'm
less gullible.

You may be there for a loooOOOOOOooong time.  :-)

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

> > Now, I'm not the best speller, but I know how to use an online dictionary,
> > and here's what I found from there:
> > |
> > |   Main Entry: gull·ible
> > |   : easily duped or cheated

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas