Re: [CH] Lemon drop peppers in beer

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 21:17:28 -0500

Tom, et al,
Your experience is exactly right.  The chemists on the List will tell you that CO2
has a higher solubility in cold water than warm.  Also, the less agitation, the
better.
I have preserved dried chiles in "liquid mediums" including pickle juice by cutting
holes in the pod, top and bottom, to let the air out.  That way they don't float and
get nasty.
Calvin