Re: [CH] Beware !!!

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:57:43 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Calvin Donaghey wrote:

> He butchered
> the goat and made a sort of goat meat loaf with kidney, back strap, heart,
> liver, lungs, onion, garlic, tomato, jalapeno, spices, salsa and a lot of
> little green chiles (I couldn't ever get the name right) from Mexico.  Wrapped
> in the stomach lining, wrapped in aluminum foil, cooked in the coals for 3
> hours.  He called it Tripas.

Well, the backstrap would have been the t-bones and sirloins.  The heart,
lungs and liver would have been for flavor.  The kidneys?  Man, I don't
know.  I tried to cook up some beef kidneys once and it made the whole
house smell like someone whizzed in a campfire.   I don't think even
chiles could have fixed that.

Actually your description sounds sort of like a Mexican haggis.  Anyone
got a good haggis recipe with chiles.

carp