Re: [CH] Was dehydrators/now Jerky done in it!

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:16:38 -0500

-----
From: Tom F. Bryant <tfbxgp@neto.com>

>     Marinate (at least one hour, overnight is better) in:
> Soy sauce, 10 oz.
> Worchestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins is best, but Sharwoods is OK), 10 oz.
> Ketchup (Hunts is good), 5 Tbsp.
> Black pepper, 1 Tbsp.
> Garlic powder, 1/2 Tbsp.
> Onion salt, 1/2 Tbsp.
> Salt, 2 tsp.
> Chile powder to taste. I use 1/2 tsp. Chipotle

"KETCHUP?"

Naw.

Hose it heavy with a good  Hoisin sauce, throw out the wooshchester and
throw in some hot Teriyaki, ease up on the soy, add lots and lots of
shredded cayenne or a screaming hot habenero sauce, add some molasses or
brown sugar, and then after you dry it let it age until you get a good mold
started.  I've always thought the best baitshops were those that had the
freshest mold on the jerky in the gallon jars.

carp