RE: [CH] Was dehydrators/now Jerky done in it!

Bloechl, Sharen Rund (sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 07:52:58 -0700

Thanks - now I have 2 great recipes for jerky!!!

Sharen Rund Bloechl

Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Sunnyvale Data Center
sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com <mailto:sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com>
Phone: 408-756-5432
[or]					Fax:   408-756-0912
srund@svl.ems.lmco.com <mailto:srund@svl.ems.lmco.com> 		LMnet:
8-326-5432
Pager: 408-539-5146	web:
http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi
<http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi>
[or] Operator Assist:  1-800-725-5079, pin 408-539-5146

----------
From:  danceswithcarp[SMTP:dcombs@bloomington.in.us]
Sent:  Wednesday, October 20, 1999 7:17 PM
To:  Tom F. Bryant; Linda Reynolds; Chile-Heads@globalgarden.com
Subject:  Re: [CH] Was dehydrators/now Jerky done in it!

-----
From: Tom F. Bryant <tfbxgp@neto.com>

>     Marinate (at least one hour, overnight is better) in:
> Soy sauce, 10 oz.
> Worchestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins is best, but Sharwoods is OK), 10 oz.
> Ketchup (Hunts is good), 5 Tbsp.
> Black pepper, 1 Tbsp.
> Garlic powder, 1/2 Tbsp.
> Onion salt, 1/2 Tbsp.
> Salt, 2 tsp.
> Chile powder to taste. I use 1/2 tsp. Chipotle

"KETCHUP?"

Naw.

Hose it heavy with a good  Hoisin sauce, throw out the wooshchester and
throw in some hot Teriyaki, ease up on the soy, add lots and lots of
shredded cayenne or a screaming hot habenero sauce, add some molasses or
brown sugar, and then after you dry it let it age until you get a good mold
started.  I've always thought the best baitshops were those that had the
freshest mold on the jerky in the gallon jars.

carp