Re: cayennes (was Re: [CH] Quick brown chile )

Jonathan T. Smillie (jsmillie@tickets.com)
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 14:55:52 -0500

At 11:43 AM 10/22/99 -0700, Brent Thompson wrote:
>Fresh green cayennes still remain one of my favorite chiles both for eating
>out-of-hand as condiment

When I was in Korea two years ago, I ate bulgogi (Korean grilled meat eaten
by rolling it up in lettuce leaves with various condiments) several times,
and each time one of the side items was a dish of long green cayenne-type
chiles (I can't be sure if they were actual cayennes as my host didn't know
the English name for them, and I've forgotten the Korean...) They weren't
quite as hot as I'm used to cayennes being, but they were very tasty- and
it considerably impressed the Koreans that a Westerner could eat them
straight.

Jonathan