Re: [CH] Ornamental Chiles

Frank Andrew Stevenson (frank@funcom.com)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:42:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Luke Van Santen wrote:

> All -
>
> I recently had someone tell me ornamental chiles are not edible. While I do
> not agree, is there any reason to not eat them?

Of the few that I have eaten ( mostly labeled as 'spanish peppers') the
red ones, I find have nice heat and flavour. But I have come across yellow
varieties with a distinct unpleasant flavour, that I would not consider
using in any food, except mayby in dried and powdered form. ( That is my
opinion but "de gustibus non dispuntandum est" )

  frank, Oslo Norway