RE: [CH] London & Paris Hot Spots

Tony O'Brien (AOB@als.co.uk)
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 16:37:47 +0100

For London, the following url should be useful :-

http://www.curryhouse.co.uk/guide/centlond.htm

Enjoy !
Tony.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shantihhh@aol.com [mailto:Shantihhh@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 1999 9:43 PM
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: [CH] London & Paris Hot Spots

RE: David (Curry House)

My husband, Steve and I decided to go somewhere different for the millennium

and decided London---Stonehenge sounded like the spot.  I booked the tickets

and we will head across the pond Dec. 26 and finish up in Paris heading back

to San Francisco on Jan 9.  We certainly will need the break by then. We're
working 80-100 hours a week on a start up e-commerce venture.

I was wondering if you and other CH'ers could suggest some great CH spots.
We have our usual favorites in London like Vong's in Knightsbridge as well
as
that great Thai restaurant up the way from Harrods, but will want to explore

and experiment with new to us hot spots in the London area as well as Paris.

 I find that in Paris we can only get a hot fix in Moroccan style eateries
w/Harrissa.  I think there was a recent CH'er who went to Paris and perhaps
they've some discoveries o share.

I just returned from Greensboro, NC and the great suggestions from CH on the

Cajun Jerk Marinade from Greensboro was greatly appreciated.  By the way the

airport shop has over a dozen local hot sauces.  As we pop them open I will
report.

 Last night we did sample Crazy Jerry's Orange Rush (Mandarin Oranges
w/habanaros, honey, Chipotle peppers, garlic, etc.) it's seriously hot and
GOOD!  It's from Roswell, GA.  I had expected a sweet hot, no way this over
the top flavor balanced sauce is an attention getter.  Hubby got the hiccups

so you know it's good.   We also popped open Outerbridge's Bermuda Classics
Original Pepper Sauce.  It's a combination of Sherry, peppers and spices.
It's quite interesting, mildly warm.......I think it will be good on
seafood---juries out on this one.

All foodie hot spots in London and Paris welcomed!!!!!