RE:[CH] PIZZA

Law, Doug (Law@mail.andros.com)
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 13:20:41 -0800

>Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:16:47 -0600
>From: Calvin Donaghey <gdonaghey@bitstreet.com>
>Subject: [CH] PIZZA
>
>Hello CHs-
>While working out of town the last 2 months, my partner and I have made
{snip}
>thoroughly.  Anyone else ever done this?  Did it cause trouble?  TIA
>Calvin

Hi all,

Nope, I haven't tried that, but the best cooking investment I have made so
far, besides peppers anyway, has been the pizza stone we got 2 years ago.
It takes a lot more work than Pizza Hut or Round Table but the results are
SO MUCH BETTER than anything I've had outside of Italy that it is worth it.

One of my favorites is a classic pizza Margarita (simple sauce, basil leaves
and mozerella on a thin crust) with thin Hab rings tossed onto the sauce
before the cheese goes on.  One golfball sized Hab per 9" pizza works well,
depending on your tolerance of course.

Another nice variation is to spread the dough out thinly on the paddle and
cover it completely with thin sliced red onions, the ring sliced hab and a
healthy drizzle of olive oil.  slip this all onto a hot (500 deg. F) stone
for 4-5 minutes.  slice fresh mozerella, tomatoes and basil leaves while it
cooks and add them uncooked to the top of the hot pizza. Even without the
habs, it is divine...

Eat Hot.
Think Hot.
Love Hot.