Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V6 #87

Michael Bailes (fragrantgarden@fastlink.com.au)
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:31:48 +1100

Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:27:59 -0400
From: "Byron" <Byron.Bromley@Gsd-Co.Com>
Subject: [CH] Nasty Nightshades

News article last week, Kids smoking Datura. Some
very sick, some dead.

------------------------------
Every culture  has its drugs. Some don't translate from one culture to another.
Brugmansias  ( not Daturas)elp spiritual enlightenmenthave to be used in
aparticular way (see the grus from harvard uni)
I doubt if benzodiazaprines (Seapax)s would translate to S. American cultures.
More intelligence and sensitivity to cultural uses of drugs need to happen.
Some daturas are deadly some not so.
we need to be honset with our kids and tell tem the whole story.

Michael Bailes.
The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia. (OZ)
International fax 61 243 651979          Phone 61 243 677322
  	Web page at: http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/
<fragrantgarden@fastlink.com.au>
"The Fragrant Chilli" now available $19.95