Re: [CH] Off Topic- My bios is Heaps Good!

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 08:56:09 -0500

At 12:29 AM 1/1/80 +0930, Michael Scott wrote:
>Hey all,
>        I suppose everybody is used to recieving my mail almost 20 years
>ago :) but hopefully you have managed to look at the top of your mail
>for yet another time.
>I can't fix my time problem and I was wondering if anybody can help.
>Ever since February, I have been getting a message "CMOS Error" at my
>start up which takes me into the bios setup. I must re-choose my hard
>drive again b4 it allows me to proceed with using the computer. Any
>changes I make, including the hard drive I selected, and date/time go
>unsaved and I must repeat this action every time I want to use the
>computer.

CMOS settings are maintained by a battery, if it dies your settings will be
lost every time you turn it off.  There are 2 ways to proceed:   1.
Replace the battery.  May not be possible in some older PCs.  2. Don't turn
off the PC.  Just let it run continuously.

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                Where ya' from?