Re: [CH] Hot garlic and peppers

Uncle Steve (chiles@flash.net)
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:55:45 -0500

There are many "hot" garlic's. Not that a CH would consider them truly hot.
We use a variety call Georgian Fire (Porcelain type). Has only 4-5 large
cloves, smaller overall than most but easy to peel and great flavor with
some heat. Any garlic with large cloves that are easy to peel saves a lot
of time when making our favorite hab/garlic hot sauce. We use equal amounts
of habs and garlic (25 lbs.) with a variety of other spices in a lime
juice/vinegar base. Do you know how long it takes to peel 25 lbs. of
garlic!? The juice adds a fragrance to your hands that last for several
days.

We get our seed garlic from Filaree Productions In Okanogan, WA.
509-422-6940. It may be too late for most to plant this year. You need to
order early as they sell out of the more exotic varieties by September. but
you could check out their site: http//www.filareefarm.com

"D. Gibson" wrote:

> Does anyone out there use hot garlic in their hot
> pepper sauce?  I've identified a few varieties of
> garlic with some heat.

          *       Uncle Steve's HOT Stuff       *
          *  Anything & Everything about Chiles *
          *   http://HotChiles.WildSpices.com/  *