Re: [CH] The Way of the Hunan Hand

Jim DeLillo (jimdel@bellatlantic.net)
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 21:00:30 -0500

My ex-wife was making salsa and pickling jalapenos.  After a day or so of
doing this she came down with a nasty case of Hunan Hand.  Calls to the
hospital and poison control center didn't help.  A knowledgeable pharmacist
(musta been a CH)  suggested soaking her hands in heavy cream.  Cold,
soothing and it worked, but it took about three days for the redness and
lingering heat to go away.