Re:[CH] Dormancy cycle

Paul Wilson (pwilson@flashcom.net)
Fri, 05 Nov 1999 09:09:06 -0800

ON. Thu, 4 Nov 1999 08:43:34 -0500,"Byron" <Byron.Bromley@Gsd-Co.Com, wrote:

>Subject: [CH] Dormancy cycle
>Many plants need a Dormancy cycle, that is a period of
>non-productivity.
>I wonder if while overwintering, if the number of daylight hours
>and the temperatures were reduced for a month or so, if this
>would help the life span of peppers.
>Byron
>------------------------------
It does for me. I move the plastic covered growing boxes to a section of
the yard
that gets no direct sunlight the first week of Jan. I leave them there
until the
end of Feb.
I maintain the heat levels at 54 Degrees daytime and no lower than 45 d. at
night.
This causes the first set of fruit to be quite healthy and normal size pods.
If I don't move them and control the temps the first fruit is always small
stunted
pods with little heat. I pinch any of those off that sneak through. The second
setting of fruit is usually normal and we are off to the races.
Hope this helps.
		Paul In San Jose, CA

		A chile pepper will never steal your car. Still
		lookin' for the ass kickin' pepper I can't eat.
		Paul "#13" Wilson,   San Jose, California
		mailto:pwilson@flashcom.net
		http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/skyzots