Re: [CH] POt thoughts

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:33:49 -0600

Byron wrote:

> ...lower quantity of Infared
> Radiation.
> in northern area's in the winter months.
>
> Yesterday I was in my local feed store and remembered from ?? years ago
> they used and infrared heat lamp to warm up chicken coops.
> I think that this IR should be close enough for plants.
> Any .02
> TIA
> Byron

  Well, I do somewhat recall that we had red heat lamps that kept our small
chicks warm when I was a kid. I don't know for certain that they produced IR. I
am fairly certain, however, that you can get IR lamps at most decent sized pet
shops or mail order, as some reptiles have more of a need of it for their skin
than others.

-E.-