Re: [CH] Jamaican slaw recipe/Hot Spicy Cole Slaw

Makmelaff@aol.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 23:32:46 EST

I must have missed the Jamaican Slaw recipe. I hope someone will post it
again. Here's a slaw recipe I have that a friend gave me years ago that is
Great! My husband loves this on hot dogs. I like it with the Chicken
casserole that you make with doritoes and rotello (sp?) tomatoes. If you like
I can send you that recipe too. The two make a wonderful meal for those
Football Sundays!

Hot Spicy Cole Slaw

5 cups slaw (I use the shredded in the bag stuff
                   because it already has carrots)
1/2 Carrot Julienne cut
1/2 Red bell pepper Julienne cut
1/2 Yellow bell pepper Julienne cut
   1 cup Mayo
   2 chopped Hot Peppers (of course you can do this
                       to your own taste by using Jalapena's
                       or Habeneros or even more peppers)
   1 clove of Garlic
   1Tbs Cilantro
   1Tbs Chili Powder
1/2 Tbs Cumin
1/2 Tbs Ground Coriander
   1 Tbs Maple Syrup
1/2 Tbs Dijon Mustard   (I usually use more like 1 Tbs)
1/2 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Lime juice

Mix all together and ENJOY!
~~~~~~~Live, Luv & Laff~~~~~~~