Re: [CH] Florida Hot Spots

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 20:36:16 -0800

danceswithcarp wrote:

> From: Tom F. Bryant
>
> > AWW....Poor Old James, the Other! Here I am, rapidly approaching 74 in
> > January, so I guess I am the oldest CH on the list Huh?

Well, Carpo, my philosophy, thru thick and thin, has always been, one is
only as old as one believes, and I have known a lotta folks who are old
at 35, mostly because they feel that way. If I ever grow up, then
perhaps I will start feeling old!
And this past couple of weeks has been a toughie...we had multiple
break-ins in our lockers, some of our tenants lost a lot of their stuff,
and so did we, but my good, old, wife got up at 2:30 one morning to
answer a call of nature, and heard something in the basement, so she got
dressed, DID not wake me up, and down she went...saw our loading door
propped open, a strange vehicle there, took the license # and then went
into the lockers, saw this creep, and she asked him what he was doing
there....well, she was not hurt by him, although the R.C.M.P. gave her a
blast, as I did also, but then she came up, got me up, and we called the
cops...they went after him and he is now in jail for a year! But he had
been in and out of our building like he owned it, and he would not tell
the cops where all the stuff went! So, another day in the saga of
running a high rise apartment building! And growing chiles on the roof
as well! Cheers, Doug in BC (and the best half, Marie!)