Re: [CH] Rice Cooker

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:43:40 -0800

Blake Olson wrote:

>   I love rice and have looked at the cookers several times but the
> concept always ends seeming silly.
>
>  It's another electrical appliance
>  It won't make rice any better than a decent saucepan.
>  It's harder to clean.
>  You have to store it UNDER THE BED?????
>  it takes up room on the counter.

Blake, that is, more or less, exactly what I wrote earlier, and I have
been cooking rice that way for over forty years, ever since I learned it
from a Chinese gentleman! Who owned a Chinese restaurant, where he would
ask me to ccok, on ocasion! As I said, I have a perfectly useless rice
cooker, which sits on a shelf, gathering dust, while I cook rice the
Chinese way, perfectly!  Cheers, Doug in BC (and the leftover rice, a
couple of days later is just fabulous for chow fan(flied lice)