Re: [CH] One for Texans

Robert Dunbar (samuel@fgi.net)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 00:01:47 -0600

peter gaffney wrote:

> << ... made in Canada!! >>
>
> kinda reminds me of the old "Pace Picante salsa" commercials.
> you know, the one where the Texan cowpokes all exclaim
> " (made in)... New Jersey !!! " and then threaten to string-up
> the camp cook for offering another brand of sauce at dinner.
>    life's hard , out there on the range.
>    (wonder what exit that was ...?)          ;)
> later
> peter g

I believe to this day that the Old Pace Commercial was referring to
Hanover, NJ, where the Heinz headquarters is located.

Some of my old scouting buddies tell me that they changed the commercial
to "New York City!?!" but I wouldn't know, haven't watched TV (on a
regular basis) for about eight years...

NutCaseBob