RE: [CH] Rocotto

Pieters, Rob (Rob.Pieters@netherlands.honeywell.com)
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 20:41:29 -0000

Dale wrote:

> Subject: 	Re: [CH] Rocotto
>
> Depends on your definition of cold.  I grow them in Tasmania in Oz down to
> winter temps of -3 or 4 celcius, and other than losing all their leaves
> over
> winter, the results are good.
>
> Cheers

Dale, I have noticed that.
The Rocotto was the only one who didn't show any 'burns' after a little
frost in the night.
You could see that the rest of the peppers were hurt by the frost.
Winters here where I live (close to the North Sea) are quit mild normally
not colder than -8 deg Celsius maximum.. but I didn't want to turn these
Rocotto's over the capriciousness of the climate specially as all the pods
are not ripen yet.

Hot regards
Rob