RE: [CH] Re:A cse for the botanists or the X Files?

Pieters, Rob (Rob.Pieters@netherlands.honeywell.com)
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 07:52:53 -0000

Michael wrote:

> I have a three year old Tepin Chilli growing in a pot.
> Every year it has produced little, red-hot, pea-shaped fruit
> ( A little smaller than a pea).
> Today I saw it was fruiting up but with 1/2 inch long baby-sized classic
> shaped chilli pods.
> You know the little pointy ones that everone thinks is the only shape
> chillies come in.
> How can this be?
> It is the same plant.

Michael,
I'm no expert but I do know that some cases these changes in plants are due
to bacteria or virus infections.
As far as I know there isn't a cure for bacteria/virus diseases.
And if so... best thing is to destroy the plant including the soil to avoid
that other plants get infected. (I'm very sorry)

Hot regards and Merry X-Mas
Rob NL