Re: [CH] Hot Swedish Xmas Ham

Frank Andrew Stevenson (frank@funcom.com)
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:21:41 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Kristofer Blennow wrote:
> Now, how to make a chile head christmas ham? I just tested the
> topping with calvin's, Jim's original finishing sauce, egg, mustard,
> garlic....  but it is not enough. The chiles and stuff needs to be
> INJECTED into the ham, to give a full heat and flavour.
>
> How is that done? Ideas appreciated.
>
> Kristofer

When we BBQ meat penciled with various extract based sauces, the heat
goes up in flames anyway. So we prick ( thats an understatement ) the
meat with forks, hoping that it will reteain some of the heat after
cooking. I guess you might need BBQ spears to do the same with a
ham.

I am also contemplating making a habanero based gravy for the turkey
this christmas, are there any recepies for this ? I would like to
get as much of the hab flavour as possible without a scathing heat,
so I guess surgically removing the 'white stuff' may be called for,
or else I will be the only one eating this stuff. I also think they
should be added to towards the end to preserve flavour. Any other
suggestions ?

  frank