Re: [CH] Re: The Bread

Charles P Demas (cpd@world.std.com)
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 01:31:28 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 MReese4943@aol.com wrote:

> And I was just going to ask...whose posterior do I need to plant my lips on
> to get some of this legendary bread?
>
> Marilyn

The best way to get some of THE BREAD is to run a hotluck in your area and
to let Jim know about it in advance.  Jim will need a valid shipping
address.  He will often send samples of his products to hotlucks.  I've
tried several, including Backdraft at Jim McGrath's Boston Hotlucks.
Backdraft is pretty good for an extract based sauce, but too hot for
me used all alone.  The other sauces were quite tasty on some of Jim
McGrath's pulled pork.

I tasted THE BREAD (and got a "I Survived THE BREAD" button) at one of
Jim McGrath's Boston area hotlucks.  I ate a slice (without any beer
chaser) and for the next 5 or 10 minutes, each time I swallowed my
saliva, I felt the burn going down.  For those uninitiated, the heat
doesn't strike right away, it lets you think, "This isn't that hot,
I can relax and eat more."  You do, and then the heat builds.  :-)

Getting a button is much harder.  I don't think they're available
anymore.  I belive they came from the Snyders.

The other method to get some of THE BREAD is to send Jim your shipping
address. IIRC, if you've been a good little list person, your name and
address will go into a hat that Jim will pull random names out of and send
samples when he feels like baking.

Jim first did this to quell some disruptiveness on the list, sort of
a reward for not being a jerk.  :-)  It's worked pretty well.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas