RE: [CH] Rocottos

Pieters, Rob (Rob.Pieters@netherlands.honeywell.com)
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 08:23:33 -0000

Happy New Year To All!!

Dan,

I'm not the one with most of the experience on growing Rocotto, I started
only last year. Beginning of February starting the seeds, transplant them
after they were 10 cm high into small pots 5" (3 per pot) and transplant
them outdoors early April in standard potting (6 plants in a 14" container
25 cm deep) soil by that time they were about 10 inch high.
It grew during the summer (day temp 25-28 deg C, night 15-20 deg) into a
very big plant 3 feet high and wide, it started flowering and fruit setting
in august. During the growing season I have feed my chili plants with tomato
fertilizer once a month.
I brought it indoors after the some nightfrost here in Holland which was end
November, the fruits are still not ripen, well some pcs are tennis ball size
and are getting red now.
And by bringing it into the house after a few day's most of the leaves were
starting to fall off and some of the immature fruits too, but I still have
about 20 pcs hanging in there.

Hope it helps
Hot Regards
Rob NL