Re: [CH] sauce

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Sat, 08 Jan 2000 12:27:49 -0600

green56 wrote:

> Dave Drum wrote:
>
> > Emile & Dewi wrote:
> > >

> > > I've been using the same hot sauce for about 10 years now.
>
> > > The name of the sauce is: Tuong ot sriracha. At
> > > least that is what it says on the bottle. The address on the bottle is Huy
> > > Fong Foods, Inc in Rosemead, CA.
>
> > I call that "Who Flung Foo" or Rooster Sauce (for the Rooster on the
> > label). When next you look at the Oriental market see if they have one
> > called Toung Ot An Pho Sriracha - with 3 bells on the label.
>
> >  I prefer it to the Huy
> > Fong because it is less sweet, moderately warmer, and much more garlicky
> > - and you can't have TOO MUCH garlic.  <GGG>
> >

> Otay, 'Heads.  Lettuce confuse me even more...
>
> Dave the "rooster" rang a "bell"...  ;)
>
> *But* mine's "Tuong ot toi Viet-Nam."  Huy Fong Foods, Rosemead, CA, etc.  It's
> called "Chili Garlic Sauce" in English on the back...
>
> Izz this yet another sauce from these folks, the Rooster folks???  How many do
> they make????  Anybody try this one?  How does it rate as compared to the Tuong
> ot sriracha they make?  And the one you like, Dave, from the bell folks?

All the Hoo-Flung I have had has been the same. Sriracha *is* a
Vietnamese oil patch area... and it is a chile-garlic sauce. The Golden
Bells Sriracha is a tad bit hotter and much more heavy on the garlic.
The recipe that I posted here a few  weeks ago for my Yaaaaa Hooooo
Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE is a pretty good version (as close as I could get)
of the Golden Bells Sriracha. Mixed 50-50 with katsup it makes great
shrimp sauce. Or it's good on tortilla chips and as a condiment on lotsa
things.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider