Re: [CH] Own Sauces to Restaurants

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 09:06:16 -0600

green56 wrote:

> Calvin,
>
> You bring up some very good points and wonderful suggestions on being a *good*
> Chile-Head (kind'a like, "Do be a good Do-Bee, Don't be a bad Do-Bee").
>
> Basically, I think it boils down to respect.  Just be nice and don't get in
> their face as ittiz not their fault they're not using all in the recipes we'd
> like them to use.
>
> I've been eating at this particular restaurant for about 5-6 months now, even
> sitting at *my* table all the time.  Sometimes I eat there twice a week...
> <burp>  I speak in Spanish, when I can, as all the personnel are Spanish.  "Por
> favor" and "Gracias" are always used.  I've yet to leave there without cleaning
> my plate or taking what I don't eat home, and I've always raved about the
> service and the food to not only my waitperson, but to the manager as well.
> It's been deserved.
>
> I've *not* been charged for their special sauce, and in the future will suggest
> they charge for it.  Good idea.  I'll use all your good ideas in one form or
> another from here on out in new restaurants where I'm not known.
>
> Very good suggestions, Cal.
>
> green

Green-
I almost always have a great time eating out.  There is a lot to be said for a
waitress/cook/owner who likes to see you come in the door.  I'd been telling a cook
how good chile powder was in a vanilla malt--he thought I was crazy.....or at least
a half a bubble off plumb.  So I took him one recently after the noon rush.  He was
absolutely amazed, and wanted his boss to start selling them.  The boss- not a
chilehead-refused...(You guys are crazy!!)..........Guilty as charged.
It's so much more fun to have fun, isn't it?
Calvin