Re: [CH] W.O.W

Charles P Demas (cpd@world.std.com)
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 13:32:12 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Chet Bacon wrote:

> I don't think this is the case in the USA.  I believe the base is oil.
> Fish and Chips!  yum!  no proper fish&chips around here!
>
> Chet

IIRC, the new inks used in printing are soy bean based rather than heavy
metal based to improve the environment and to prevent ground water
contamination around landfils.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

> Tony Flynn wrote:
>
> > Byron Bromley wrote:
> >
> >  Anyone have a good idea for a
> > > black dye that would be enviro friendly  ??
> > >
> > > TIA
> > > Byron
> >
> > Hi Byron
> >
> > Newspaper ink is vegetable based and is edible when the "fish & chips"
> > are wrapped in it.
> > So will be OK for the insects and plants in the garden. Source from your
> > local newspaper I should think.
> >
> > Tony Flynn
> >
> > Grandad Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty New Zealand.
>
> --
> *-----------------------------------------------------------------*
> * Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
> * PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
> * Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
> * E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
> * chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
> * chet_bacon@whps.org     |<work>  http://www.whps.org            *
> * Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
> * Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas