[CH] Fatalli

Malcolm (vindaloo@uniserve.com)
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 13:28:53 -0800

Hi there!

I bought Fatalli seeds from Pepper Joe's too.  I brought one
plant in and it's just about dead;  only brought it in to
ripen the fruit on it.  Seems to just plain not like being
indoors.  But Pepper Joe did tell me in another e-mail that
Fatalli does not survive being brought indoors, so he was
right.

On the other hand, I found out that Fatalli is very drought
tolerant.  I accidentally left my seedling in the greenhouse
on a very hot summer's day and the temperate in there was
about 45°C (113°F).  All the seedlings had wilted (although
recovered soon enough with water).  The only exception was
the fatalli seedlings;  none of them seemed to be the least
bothered by being baked...

     Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 16:47:34 -0600
     From: tucker <tucker@ticon.net>
     Subject: Re: [CH] Whiteflies

     Alexandra Soltow wrote:

     > Dear Chile-Heads,
     >
     > My poor Fatali plants, in their second year of
     overwintering, seem to have
     > developed a case of whiteflies. ...
     >
     > Alexandra Soltow
     > pamra@rockland.net

       Well, I'm afraid I can't help you with that
     problem, but as long as you
     brought up that particular variety... I just
     received some seeds from Pepper
     Joe's, and that is one type I ordered. Does anyone
     have any tips for any
     special care these plants might need (assuming I
     get them to sprout, of
     course). Also, any ideas on what they are good to
     use in would be appreciated.

     TIA,
     - --
     Erich