Re: [CH] Not fair!

Ray Pfaff (raypfaff@erols.com)
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 08:07:21 -0500

> Rex Overmyer wrote:
>
> > I finely got my first bottle of Calvin's powder ...
>
> > It might have to be somthing easy
> > to chew.  How about something cold?
> > Thanks Calvin

I made this last night and found it quite tasty, but then I suspect that
Alpo and Calvin's powder would also be quite tasty:

Take 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and place it in a heated pot.  Put
1/4-1/2 of a finely chopped sweet onion in and cook the onion until
clear.  Then put about 1/3 of a head of chopped cabbage in as well as a
touch of salt and a liberal dose of Calvin's.  Continue to stir
everything so that the cabbage gets touched by the oil.
At this point the recipe calls for one finely chopped apple and a 1/2
cup of apple juice.  I found this a bit too sweet for my tastes and,
since the object of the exercise is to steam the cabbage, I suggest
perhaps using only about 1/3 cup of apple juice and dispense with the
apple altogether  Lower the temperature, cover the pot, and let it
simmer for about 15 minutes or until the cabbage is soft.  Serve with
butter.