Re: [CH] Seattle Hot Spots?

Rick Guerra (guerras@nwlink.com)
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:28:13 -0800

You might try Tup Tim Thai on lower Queen Anne Hill (near the Key Arena) or Tandoor indian restaurant in the U-District. Atlantic Street Pizza, also in the U-District, will make pizza with jalapeno or Thai peppers. Torero's family Mexican restaurants are my favorite family owned places (there's one on Capital Hill in the Broadway Market. Jalisco's (all over Seattle) is also good.

Don't leave without trying Kabul Afghan Cuisine in the U-District, or one of the many Ethiopian restaurants in the U- and Central Districts. Spicy, good and filling!

If you're on the east side, you might check out Dixie's BBQ in Bellevue. This is a famous Bellevue hot spot, and home of The Man sauce (Have You Met The Man? is their slogan). The Man is hot but pretty flavorless, as it is mostly a marketing gimmick, but take a tooth-pick full for the experience. The BBQ is great and the ambience of an old garage converted into a restaurant, sitting under a highway overpass, is not one to miss.

These are all over Seattle, but I've got a ton of others. If you know the area you will be staying, I can give you some more specifics.

Have Fun!

Rick