RE: [CH] black shading on pods

Pieters, Rob (rob.pieters@honeywell.com)
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 08:10:38 -0000

Michael,

Lomboc is the Indonesian word for pepper, so it's true Lomboc is the same.
But this don't define how hot they are, the Indonesian living in Holland
normally use what we call the Spanish pepper when lomboc is mentioned in a
recipe, and those have a nice and respected heat level.
Until now I haven't been able to find the original name for the Spanish
pepper looking at pictures it could be a cayenne, its average length is
about 14 cm and it's 1,5 thick there sold red and green.

Hot regards
RobNL