Re: [CH] Sort of Off topic request...? USA list members pls reply

Charles P Demas (cpd@world.std.com)
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 05:32:04 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, luke speer wrote:

> I live in hope Pete..
> Still have till june before I get desperate, <g>, And I'll be sure to
> ask for a sub from the committee to purchase some of the fine products
> on offer from Both Calvin and Jim..

Hot dogs are essentially Knockworst, but slimmer and longer.

Common Condiments include:

Mustard
Relish (chopped sweet pickles)
Onions
Ketchup
Sauerkraut
Chili

Common Methods of preparation of the hotdog include:

Steaming (especially in beer)
Boiling
Grilling
Deep frying
Microwaving

A less common method, which we used in college was electrocution.

Two forks were attached to a wooden board with the tines pointing toward
each other such that the hot dog would be pierced by the tines on each end
oc the dog.

A line cord was attached with one wire going to to each fork.

A hotdog would be inserted between the tines, and then it acted as a
big resistor whe the line cord was plugged in.

About 30-60 seconds and the hot dog was ready.  :-)

Unplug, remove hotdog, put in roll, add condiments, and eat.  :-)

BTW, you want pretty good contact with the tines (stick in 14 to 1/2
inch) to prevent arcing (and a burnt taste there).

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas