Re: [CH] Wind

Hobby Farmer (hobbyfarmer@t-one.net)
Thu, 03 Feb 2000 11:36:22 -0500

Hi, CH's;

We do a variation on Byron's coffee cans.  We cut the bottoms off
gallon plastic milk jugs, put them over the plant, burying the cut
edge a couple of inches deep.  We take the caps off so the plants
don't bake.

These jugs let a lot more light in than the cans (which we used to
use) and when a frost is predicted, we run out and put all the caps
back on.  This has gotten us through a couple of 18 degree nights
without losing a pepper plant.  Screw-on caps work better than
snap-on for me.  The jugs nest in stacks for storage.

Hobby Farmer