Re: [CH] New? El Yuc

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:34:22 -0800

Deb,
This might help with your question
Chet

I found in the CH archives..

Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 01:48:47 -1000
From: Justin Mclean
Subject: El Yucateco

Hi there,

Just came across the El Yucateco home page.
http://dyred.sureste.com/yucateco/elyucate.htm

Someone mentioned their new hot sauce "Kut Bil Ik" and wondered what it ment.

Well according to them it's Mayan for ground up peppers.

Has any one tried this sauce?

Justin Mclean

Deb deForest wrote:

> Stopped by my local Mexican market Sunday and found a different El Yucateco
> than I've had or seen before.  It is labeled "XXXtra Hot Sauce" and "Salsa
> Kutbil-ik de Chile Habanero".  I've had the other El Yucs including hab
> sauces but not this "XXXtra hot" one.  It is color more orangish-brown than
> the others.  Is it new or have I just been missing out?  Pretty good.  I'm
> not sure it rates 3 X's though.
> It was $1.59 US/4 oz. (120 ml)
> Deb
> P.S. What does "Kutbil-ik" translate to in English?

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* chet_bacon@whps.org     |<work>  http://www.whps.org            *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *