Re: [CH] Seed Trading

Luke Speer (lukasz@midcoast.com.au)
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:02:09 +1100

Oatmeal Jack wrote:

> Am I being paranoid?  Have the rest of you guys traded seeds to other
> countries without any disease problems?
> Thats one of the joys of this list "Chile seeds" are no problem sent from
> just about anywhere to anywhere, I have sent seed from Australia to the USA,
> RSA, NZ, UK, Sweden, Western and Eastern Europe, Philipines, Canada. Properly
> labelled as such if the Agriculture people suspect them as coming from a
> country they might have problems with they will no doubt nuke them, FWIW most
> seed I have either sent or received does not seem to have fallen foul of the
> authorities..

Problems I have encountered arose with people sending Meat products such as
Jerky etc.. I'm sure that if you ask your dept of Ag they can send you a list
of prohibited items...
FWIW I have received seed from most of the afore mentioned countries plus
several others from what is commonly reffered as thge third world..

Luke in Oz