Re: [CH] what can we say on this list?

Gary Bellinger (yesgaz@itcanada.com)
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:08:43 -0500

Blyrock wrote:

> > I'm not happy being told what I can and cannot say about chilies.  Or what
> > green can say about rice, either.  This conversation lay within the bounds
> > set down for this list, in that it was about chilies and therefore I think
> it
> > is a viable topic.  And herewith I take issue with the list's oldest
> member.
>
> What will we talk about and what will we shun.
>
> It seems like every time I crawl out of lurker mode and actually join a
> discussion group this subject pops up.  I have seen more than one list
> go straight to the toilet because of bickering.

Bickering doesn't necessarily have to be bad.  Everyone just has to
accept that not everyone likes the same things.  Differences can be
healthy too and shouldn't scare people away.  :-)

> Why is it,  that as a group,  adults simply can't find the delete key? and
> use it according to their individual tastes in what content they will be
> happy to read and happy to let slip right past them?

That's like telling someone not to look at the pink elephant staring
over their left shoulder.  :-o)

> If it's about peppers then please lets discuss it.  If it's about a dump
> truck and heavy machinery then lets not...  unless it's a dump truck full
> of Red Savina's

If its a dump truck of Red Savinas, tell me where its going.