Re: [CH] Jicama / Vidalia

mstevens@exit109.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 20:07:14 GMT

At 10:09 PM 2/23/00 -0700, The Adair's wrote:

>> Anyone got that recipe for Jicama / Vidalia salsa?   :-)
>
>Ok.....I can't take it any more.  I've been reading this list for a year and
>a half now.  I've read YKYACHI several times.  I've obviously missed
>some important history.  I hope I don't start something unpleasant, but
>would any of you old heads care to illuminate?  Maybe even the BC
>Geezer might help?

3 or 4 years ago an unsuspecting listmember sent a recipe for jicama/vidalia
salsa at the wrong time and from the wrong place.  His server chose that time
to go completely bonkers, and for several days every legitimate note passed on
by the list was interspersed with several copies of the jicama/vidalia post.
For a while jicama/vidalia posts outnumbered original messages by 3 or 4 to
one.

Since then, many of the old timers here, when multiple posts start arriving
from the list refer to it as having gone into "jicama/vidalia mode"

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                Where ya' from?