[CH] Re: Bell Peppers

mstevens@exit109.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 14:47:49 GMT

At 04:11 AM 2/25/00 -0000, you wrote:

>> Is there a pepper that is ripe when green?  I never thought
>> about it before, but I don't think so.
>
>     FWIW Peppers of the World (DeWitt/Bosland) does not
>list a single pepper with a mature color of green (or green56).
>C. chinense seems to have the most diversity in terms of
>mature color.

I've heard this before.  The odd thing is that I remember my parents grew green
bell peppers, and if they were not picked they would simply rot or fall off the
plant.  They never started to change color from green...

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                Where ya' from?