RE: [CH] New El-Yuck

Riley 'n Mary (uGuys@Wilshire.Net)
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:47:51 -0800

I'd never heard of, is it "El Yucateco"?  But the other day at a little
Mexican/Korean restaurant, a hole in the wall lunch place for an office
building in LA, I phone ordered some chicken tacos--when I got there my
lunch was on the table with a couple bottles of hot sauce. (They know
me...) One said Hot, forget what it was, and the other was green,
without a label.

Well, the "Hot" wasn't, but I thought the green tasted pretty good (I
didn't think I liked the flavor of habs, either).  So about half a
bottle later I left, and damn if the heat didn't keep building up.
Impressive!

Anyway, a few days later I was there again, and asked for the "green hot
sauce".  This time it had a label.  El Yucateco!  I didn't use as much
this time.  But it was really good!  Had a nice flavor.  But definitely,
IMHO, hot!

Riley