Re: [CH] Heat tolerance

green56 (green56@PioneerPlanet.infi.net)
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 18:06:56 -0600

I agree with you, Calvin.

When I first hit TX and wondered why they'd put *okra* in a salad...  One jalapeno
slice would send me screaming, running into the nite...

By the time I left there to return to MN, I could eat them outta the jar like pickles.
Then, not having jalapenos for quite sometime, had to "reteach" the taste buds and was
back at square one again.

I get cravings where I can't get enuff chiles in any form - well...  but for that
ONE... - and consume copious amounts.  And the more I eat, the greater my tolerance
is.  I then reach a level where I don't want (need?) any more and I slack off.

I've found that on off days, where I don't feel well or I have a great amount of pain,
I'm overly sensitive to any amount of chile and can't even handle a small dusting of
chipotle powder when usually I can handle gobs of it, and even your green powder.

On crummy days like a bad day at work I've found I can double, even triple my chile
intake as it helps my mood.

Mind altering?  Gotta love it!!!  Ittiz legal!  :)