RE: [CH] GE foods

Riley 'n Mary (uGuys@Wilshire.Net)
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 20:38:20 -0800

I thought this thread was 'sposed to be dead...However, even tho' I
approve and have been eating GE foods for years, as have the majority of
you, I like to know what I'm eatin.  And I'll bet the majority doesn't
really know just how much of this stuff yer eatin.  But we have the
right to know what we buy.  Food or otherwise.

Of course, one might make the point that what you didn't know made you
healthier...Monsanto probably likes that...

Whether it be salt, fat, sugar, protein or an extra expressive gene that
increases the nutrient value of peas.  Or whatever.  It gives the
consumer the freedom to choose, and if enough say "No", well, then the
market will respond.  Personally I like to limit my fat intake.  Doesn't
make fat bad.  And requiring fat content to be labeled doesn't imply
that fat is bad, per se anyway.

Oh well, my $.02.  And this really is a religious issue.  Since why not
just let this little ol' newbie have the last word and drop it now? ;-)

Cheers,

Riley