Re: [CH] New El-Yuck

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 08:40:15 -0600

green56 wrote:

> Uncle Dave, I have some o'Father Jim's Fiery Hot Habanero Sauce, and yes,
> ittiz DELISH!  I've found it marrys well to pork and is a great "finishing"
> (could someone tell what a finishing sauce really is and why ittiz called
> that?) sauce.  I like to slather the stuff on pork roasts and then s-l-o-w-l-y
> oven roast.  (Can't wait to try this on the grill/smoker this summer!)
> Because of the sweetness ittiz, to me, like a BBQ sauce and that's how I use
> it.
>
> I can't see a dollop of it in bean soup - because o'the sweetnes - but, now
> that the idea's been presented to me, I'll try it.

Wellllll, I don't exactly recommend it in the bean soup, either. But, I
had dragged it along to one of the Illinois C.S.'s weekly chilli lunch
meetings and we were passing it around to sample. Some of it jumped into
the soup and it *did* kick it up a notch (or two).

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider